Have you considered the advantages offered by a Qcity Transit Smart Card?
Qcity Transit Smart Card is an exciting innovation in electronic bus ticketing. The Smart Card is a debit card about the size of a credit card but with a computer chip instead of a magnetic stripe. You do not need a pin number to use a Qcity Transit Smart Card. Smart Card is a prepaid system allowing you to use Qcity services with ease and without having to carry money.
There is no limit to how many times you can use the card; you add money to the card according to your own budget.
- Regional Excursion Daily Concession Ticket, click here for further information
- Programmed cards are no longer issued to the Yass/Murrumbateman public.
For those that do have a Smart Card:
- Your card is transferable between family and friends as no PIN is required for its use;
- You no longer have to carry exact change or cash;
- You can use your card on any Transborder Express or Qcity Transit services within the Yass – Canberra – Queanbeyan region;
- You top up the card with your friendly bus driver or at our office;
- Your card balance will be shown on each ticket you receive for travel, otherwise your bus driver is able to print off a detailed receipt showing your remaining balance;
- Keep you Smart Card secure and report to Qcity if lost or stolen.