6:28:am Saturday, 20th August 2022

   AccessiblityAccessibility|Sitemap        Follow Qcity Transit on twitterfacebook

Latest news:

>> >> Notice of changes to Qcity Transit Services as of 25th October 2021 Click here for details

Bus Services

Qcity Transit doesn't service my child's school. What can I do?

Please contact our office (02) 6299 3722, 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Our nearest bus stop is too far away. What can I do?

Transport for NSW has a School Drive Subsidy scheme for those who live more than 1.6 km from their nearest bus stop or if their nearest stop does not service the required school and they need to drive to a nearby interchange.


Bus Passes

Is my child eligible for a School Student bus pass?

Contact Transport for NSW Concession team on 131500 or visit the website to see if your child is eligible.

How do I apply for a bus pass for my child?

To apply for a bus pass, you must complete and lodge an Application Form for subsidised travel on the Transport for NSW website and have this verified by the school at which the child is enrolled. 

My child is not eligible for free travel. What can I do?

In the case that your child has been deemed "Too close", you should have received the relevant paperwork in the mail for requesting a review by Transport for NSW based on the walking distance or safety grounds. If Transport for NSW do not approve subsidised travel following this review and you feel that there are special circumstances, you may appeal this decision. Alternatively, if your child is not eligible on any other non-distance related grounds your child can still travel on our school buses by paying per trip to the driver or by purchasing a Term Pass.

I want my child to catch the bus to/from a daycare provider or a friend/relative's house. Can they travel for free on their bus pass?

Unfortunately, no they cannot. Your child's bus pass provides free travel between their home and their school or an interchange if that is as far as we can take them. Any extension or alteration to the trip as printed on the front of the pass will require payment.

Can my child use their pass on the weekends and holidays?

No. Your child's pass is only to be used to and from school during the school term between the hours of 6 am and 6 pm. They can still travel as they please but they will be required to pay the driver for the trip. Term Passes also cannot be used outside of school term.

My child needs to travel to and from two homes because of a shared custody situation. What do I need to do?

Please contact Transport for NSW on 131500 for further information.